Sunday, August 23, 2009

FTE On Tour_TEXAS (Part 2) 8/14, 8/15

Whew! That was a long bus ride. The fairies exploded in a burst of creative energy. Making costumes, screen-printing t-shirts, writing new fairytales and having outdoor song rehearsals. Within 5 minutes of landing in AUSTIN, TEXAS we had a gig.

The first was a Eastern European fashion show and dance party at a club called "The Cockpit". The door admission was reduced for entry in makeup. C•spot and Erin spread fabulous fairy magic at the door, offering a place to sit and be made up for a small donation.

Our next performance was in a park at an all-day outdoor electronica party. The DJ's were off the hook. They let me get on the mic. I even got a chance to hold a real pair of Nunchakus. The guy who owns them lights them on fire and works out. I'd like to see Chuck Norris do that shit.








ROSE & ERIN painted masterpieces in the sun as Triphop, Downtemop and Acid Jazz filled the woods.
















After the show, we pack up the bus and haul over to Odeil's house to prepare for our journey west. After a bite to eat we sleep.

The next morning we say goodbye to our most gracious host who made our Austin trip so special. After re-packing the bus and getting well caffinated, we set off westward.




OH SHIT! OUT OF GAS!!

Yep. Right in the middle of Texas.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, I miss all 4 of you so much! I've read your blog, and again, I admire all of you for "doing it". :-) What wonderful adventures you're experiencing!

    Is there still a seat open on Lunette? LOL (Doesn't everyone need a Mama?)

    I really don't think that any of you will ever imagine how much you blessed my life in a few short hours... Thank you again for your Fairy Magic, Love, and the songs! Especially the songs... It was so spiritual and touched my heart so much. I think and pray for you daily.

    As I stuck out my arm and directed you onto I-40, I cried. A lot.

    Then I laughed and smiled. How I missed you going...yet realized that you needed to spread some more of your Fairy Dust and Love to others. :-) And it would have been selfish to try and keep you here all to myself. LOL

    Thank you again for blessing my life with your presence!


    "Mama Sue"

    ReplyDelete